What is a CNC cutting machine?
Electromechanical cutting machines are called CNC cutting machines, such as CNC plasma cutting machines (CNC cutting machines), which are driven by digital programs to drive the machine. As the machine moves, the cutting tool will randomly attach to the object for cutting.
What are the characteristics of laser cutting?
Main features of laser cutting
1. Laser cutting has narrow slits and small deformation of the workpiece
In the metal processing industry where industrial manufacturing systems are heavily weighted, many metal materials, regardless of their hardness, can be cut without distortion. Laser cutting without burrs, wrinkles, high precision, better than plasma cutting. For many electromechanical manufacturing industries, modern laser cutting systems controlled by microcomputer programs can easily cut workpieces of different shapes and sizes, which are often preferred over die cutting and molding processes; although they are slower than die punching, However, it has no mold consumption, no need to repair the mold, and saves the time for changing the mold, thereby saving processing costs and reducing production costs, so it is more cost-effective to consider.
2. Laser cutting is a high-energy, density-controlled, non-contact processing
The laser beam is focused to form a very small point of action with very strong energy, and its application to cutting has many features. First, the laser light energy is converted into amazing heat energy that is kept in a very small area, available
(1) narrow straight edge slitting;
(2) the smallest heat affected zone adjacent to the trim;
(3) Minimal local deformation.
Secondly, the laser beam does not exert any force on the workpiece, it is a contactless cutting tool, which means
(1) The workpiece has no mechanical deformation;
(2) There is no tool wear, and there is no problem with the conversion of the tool;
(3) The cutting material does not need to consider its hardness, that is, the laser cutting ability is not affected by the hardness of the material to be cut, and any hardness material can be cut.
Again, the laser beam is highly controllable and has high adaptability and flexibility, thus
(1) It is convenient to combine with automation equipment, and it is easy to automate the cutting process;
(2) Since there is no restriction on cutting the workpiece, the laser beam has an infinite contour cutting capability;
(3) Combined with the computer, the whole board can be discharged and the material can be saved.
3. Laser cutting offers wide adaptability and flexibility